Archive for August, 2011
We have been in Sonoma and Napa Valley, Wine Country in Northern California and it is as gorgeous as you might have heard or seen in pictures. Everywhere we look we are surrounded by vineyards and the rolling hills and Chateus are stunning. There is a contest each year in Sonoma where the local wineries creat their Gingerbread Houses and (just think, a Gingerbread House winery vineyard) and here are some pictures of the 2010 winner that is designed by the Larson Family Winery. Below is an excerpt from Sweet Treats, the company that created this masterpiece and it will give an idea of what it entailed. Have you thought of making a Gingerbread House Winery?
- Approximately 12-13 pounds of gingerbread
- 9 pounds royal icing
- Other ingredients: rice crispy treats, fondant, gum paste, and lentil beans
- individual pieces were formed by hand
- Signature wine bottles and grapes were formed using a “break away” sugar recipe using a custom mold
- The Larson Family Winery labels are printed on frosting sheets with food coloring
- Everything is edible
- Grape vines are made up of rice crispy treats molded to resembled grapevines and draped in chocolate fondant
- Total Hours involved……..VERY LONG!
Sewing and sewing related goodies are making a really big comback especially the “pincushion”. Crafting pincushions is really an art in itself everything from felted creations of little mice, elephants, and Santa’s to decorative and collectible pincushions like this amazing Gingerbread House pincushion. When we saw this one on Flickr we knew right away we had to share it with all our Gingerbreadfun.com fans. For the holidays, why not craft up some sure to please Gingerbead House and Gingerbread Boys pincishions, these will surely be treasured as a delighful handmade gift. I would so love to recive a handmade Gingerbread House pincushion and would treasure it… I would keep it up in my craft room/sewing room always. Visit here for lots of Pincushion patterns. The pictured Gingerbread House pincushion can be seen HERE
- 2 Assorted styles of candy houses
- Set includes one of each
- Gingerbread, Tan, Pink, White, Green, Yellow, Blue
- Made of Polyfoam
- Measures 10″, 9.5″
Whimsical gingerbread and candy houses decorated with assorted candy canes and colored candy balls and sprinkles.
RAZ “Gumdrops and Jellybeans” Collection